Some people might not realize when they need to replace their heating system until it is too late The absolute worse time for a furnace to stop functioning is in the midst of cold temperatures. If the climate is coupled with terrible weather such as a large accumulation of snow or sleet and ice, getting an HVAC technician to take care of the problem can take time and be more expensive.
Being alert to the issues suggesting that you need a new furnace can save you frustration in the end. Listed below are 5 warning signs that you need a new furnace.
- Weird noises - Many times, as a furnace starts to become age, it will start making sounds such as rattling, banging and high pitch rackets. At the least, it could need a repair job because of a loose blower-fan belt or ignition troubles.
- Yellow light - If your pilot light exhibits a yellowish hue to the blaze, this indicate their might be carbon monoxide present. A properly operating furnace’s pilot light, burns with a blue flame.
- Overheating - Sometimes there will be an imbalance of temperatures throughout the house with a malfunctioning heating system. Several rooms might be extremely warm, while the others are cold.
- Higher heating bill - If there is a sudden increase in your heating cost, although this could arise from various circumstances, you should consider having an expert technician to check the furnace, to make sure it is working efficiently.
- Need updating - If your heating equipment is more than 15 years old, you might want to start searching for a new one. Today’s models are energy saving, which helps with lower heating cost and aids the environment.
Overall, you need to be aware of how your furnace is performing, don't wait until it is in the middle of winter to discover there is trouble, you will be able to arrive at a more informed decision, when not under duress. A new heating system can provide you with comfort, peace of mind as well as an economical advantage.
If your furnace needs maintenance, contact the expert team at AJR Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration.